Pancakes are so easy and delicious – and they suit all times of day. Here is a favourite breakfast variety that I enjoy with good live yoghurt (Onken is my favourite) fresh blueberries, and very light runny local honey to just add a little sweetness.
This recipe makes just enough for breakfast for two not too greedy people or one who has decided not to have lunch!
50g buckwheat flour
1 med free range egg
125ml semi skimmed milk
1 tbsp live yoghurt
Butter to fry
Natural live yoghurt
Local runny honey
1. With a balloon whisk mix together the flour, egg and milk.
2. Whisk in the water and yoghurt to make a smooth batter. You can adjust the batter to make thinner, lighter crepes by adding a little extra water.
3. Heat a little butter in a well seasoned or non-stick crepe or frying pan and swirl around to cover the base.
4. Add enough batter to cover the base of the pan, tilting to spread evenly and fry until golden underneath and then turn or flip gently and fry on the other side until golden and cooked through.
5. Top with a good dollop of yoghurt, scatter with berries and drizzle with a little runny honey..
Notes: Naturally gluten free as long as your buckwheat is from a guaranteed gluten free source.